When it comes to summer everyone loves wearing skirts whether it be short, long midi, maxi etc. I think a skirt can make an outfit especially if it has a certain pattern or style.
I am noticing a huge trend for skirts since last winter and now carrying into spring and summer too. Pleats, peplum and a-line cuts are very popular right now and with our bipolar weather in South Africa you can layer your skirts with cardis, tees and bomber jackets and leave your legs bare with heels or boots.
If you are worried about a tan then don some self tan and show off those pins and take some tips from these fashionistas…
1. This skirt has an amazing pattern and in red which is huge for fall so the black jacket sets the look off perfectly.
2.Anything peplum inspired is very on trend right now and when paired with a knit and sexy shoes it gives the skirt a chic look.
3. This pleated skirt looks crisp and clean when paired with a classic white shirt and black and white sandals.
4. Layering a shirt, a knit and a bomber jacket with a plain skirt gives the look a quirky touch.
5.Mixing a studded pink skirt with polka dots works perfectly when paired with a black coat and nude heels as it makes the look chic and not over done.
6. Over the knee boots paired with a skirt and knit is the perfect transitional outfit.
7. A knee length skirt looks elegant and trendy mixed with metallic accents.
8. Collars are huge right now and paired with a light knit and a blue embroidered skirt the look has a very vintage feel to it.
9. Mixing prints for summer is one of the biggest trends around and leopard print and florals together is always a winner.
10. A rock or graphic tee with a knee length skirt adds a playful and edgy look.
All pictures sourced from stockholmstreetstyle
For all my fashionistas click on my BLOG if you want see what I am wearing today and what I am up to